Re: panic: biodone2 already

Jaromír Dole?ek <jaromir.dolecek%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> This is always a bug, driver processes same buf twice. It can do harm.
> If the buf is reused for some other I/O, system can fail to store
> data, or claim to read data when it didn't.

I can reproduce the crash at will: running at the same time the two
following commands reliabily trigger  "panic biodone2 already"

/sbin/dump -a0f /dev/null /
sh /etc/daily

That crash on NetBSD-8.0 domU, either i386 or amd64. At mine the only
machines that managed to spare the bug so far were the one where the
dump is finished when /etc/daily starts. All the other one keep
rebooting at least once a day.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz