Re: Adding a boot flag for No ASLR

(1) An implementation detail of userland shouldn't be leaked into the
kernel boot (!) process.

Okay. I think this makes sense(I am still pretty new to NetBSD) - Can you suggest some other location/config that can be used.

(2) There is no fundamental issue that makes the sanitizers incompatible
with ASLR. The only issue for asan and friends is the reservation of the
shadow buffer and that can and should be handled explicitly.

We have implemented the ATF tests for ASan - The tests work only 50% or less when ASLR is on. To get perfect results I think ASLR needs to be off.
I guess Kamil can provide more info on this.

--
Regards,
  Siddharth M