Re: Cnmagic support for wscons

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 00:44:02 Valery Ushakov wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 13:30:15 +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 01:59:06PM +1100, Nathanial Sloss wrote:
> > > Mapping KS_Cmd_Debugger would also work but I'm unsure as to how
> > > to do this without using wskbd key sequences in the magic.
> >
> > I don't understand - if you just assing KS_Cmd_Debugger somewhere,
> > why would you need cnmagic?
>
> Exactly.  You need cnmagic(9) for detecting debugger _sequence_
> in-band like in serial console.
>
> Your patch doesn't provide any documentation or an accompaning
> description, so I'm not sure what exactly it does, e.g. what should
> cnmagic value look like for wskbd?

I've put an example in the updated man page for both a wskbd command and
regular text.

> But in general it's not even
> entirely clear to me what a semantic of cnmagic(9) for wskbd could be.
> Should it use individual key-presseses as the basic input stream it
> parses?  If yes, you will lose the ability to use, e.g., *both*
> C-A-Esc and A-C-Esc _chords_ to break into debuger, because with
> wskbd(4) keyboard mapping they are the same _chords_, but with
> cnmagic(9) they are different _sequences_.

That's why I have two different prefixes one for wskbd commands and another for
regular text.

> I'd also say that the very fact that the patch doesn't use
> cn_check_magic(9) indicates in some sense that it probably does not
> implement "cnmagic support for wscons". :)
>
> -uwe

Please see:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/nat/cnmagic.v2.diff

It now uses cn_check magic instead of the custom ws_check_magic which was
based on cn_check_magic.

Best regards,

Nat