Re: shipping processes between ttys

On Sun, Dec 07, 2014 at 07:02:42AM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> I hate to ask an obvious question, but what is the application of this in a
> world where "screen" exists? I went to the link and it says "when you
> forget to start something in screen" which seems like the only obvious
> reason to use something like this. Although screen isn't perfect I
> suppose...

This was the first thought that entered my head, as well. tmux(1) ships with the
base NetBSD system already, and I use tmux all the time for this express
purpose.

I always thought it would be kinda cool to have something like DragonFly's
process checkpointing feature (suspend a processes to disk and resume it later)
but I'm 99% sure that would not be easy to implement.

-Christian