Re: shipping processes between ttys

Hello,

I used to use reptyr on RPI with ArchLinux and it worked well. There were two caveats:
- processes sleeping in background,
- portability - it used to work only on 80x86, amd64 and ARM.

I loved it as it was a way to capture a long running process and put it to a screen session.

I'm not sure but proper implementation might be with support from the kernel (for some reason there were the mentioned restrictions). There is also (different but similar) process "watch" in FreeBSD that is missing in NetBSD.

With regards,