Re: RFC: import of posix_spawn GSoC results

hi,

> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 01:31:57AM +0000, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
>> isn't it better to just swich to the newly created lwp and let it do these?
>
> And have the parent lwp block on a cv untill the child signals it?

yes.

> The parent would have to do all the copyin dance before and pass the full
> information in kernel space to the child, which did not lead to easy
> reuse of existing code for that - but I may have overlooked something here,
> never explored that path in-depth.

i haven't explored either.

well, i confess that i don't understand why in-kernel implementation is
desirable in the first place.

> I don't know - I kind of like having the file descriptor operations
> explicitly being passed the lwp to work on. Maybe a matter of taste,
> or is there some technical reason to avoid it?

i don't like having the lwp argument because they generally don't work for
non-curlwp.  l_dupfd, "single threaded" optimization, ...

YAMAMOTO Takashi