Re: RFC: import of posix_spawn GSoC results

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 01:31:57AM +0000, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> isn't it better to just swich to the newly created lwp and let it do these?

And have the parent lwp block on a cv untill the child signals it?

The parent would have to do all the copyin dance before and pass the full
information in kernel space to the child, which did not lead to easy
reuse of existing code for that - but I may have overlooked something here,
never explored that path in-depth.

I don't know - I kind of like having the file descriptor operations
explicitly being passed the lwp to work on. Maybe a matter of taste,
or is there some technical reason to avoid it?

Martin