Re: RFC: import of posix_spawn GSoC results

hi,

> Now what caused all the intrusiveness of the patch? Since posix_spawn, before
> doing the exec part, needs to manipulate file handles on behalf of the
> user's request for the new process, we need to pass a "lwp" argument to a
> few of the already existing file descriptor manipulating functions.

isn't it better to just swich to the newly created lwp and let it do these?

ie.
1. the parent does a fork equivalent without address space stuff
2. the child starts running but does not return to userland yet
   (thus no need to have a valid address space at this point yet)
   it processes requested actions and then does an exec equivalent
3. done

YAMAMOTO Takashi