Re: UNIX kernel notification system

On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 11:31:17AM -0700, Erik Fair wrote:

> On Oct 3, 2011, at 00:56 , Mouse wrote:
>
> > [Do you really mean to use paragraph-length lines?  I'd suggest against
> > it; they impair readability significantly, at least for me.  Manually
> > rewrapped in the quotes below.]
>
> less(1) (or more(1)) doesn't take care of you?

Since those are not the pagers I use for my mail, no, they don't take
care of me, either.  Certainly not when responding, in which case I am
forced to reformat your text by hand in order to insert the ">"
character on each line to mark quoted material.

I assume you're using Mail.app as a user-agent.  Apple used to do this
right -- they wrapped the lines at 72 columns or thereabouts, but then
marked the text as "format=flowed" in the MIME headers, so readers
wishing to rewrap it could do so.

In recent versions they've broken this again.  Woo hoo.  Because, you
know, all the world's a Mac and every user-agent is Mail.app.

This is, admittedly, less evil than the Android mail client's
unalterable behavior of base64-encoding *all* message data, even
that which would be perfectly readable as plain ASCII text.

Thor