Re: nfs server lockup (again)

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 08:14:00AM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jun 2011, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 06:06:14PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
I've been thinking that the nfs client problems I've been seeing,
which seem to be callout-related, are maybe connected, as could be the
odd problem mrg has been having with raidframe.

Do we have a debug hook or other method that will raise a panic if
callouts stop getting processed?

unfortunably, no (AFAIK).

My system has been hanging on heavy disk usage (my endless compiles) and
I just noticed that one of the CPUs is pinned in rpc.something according
to the top of "top" though it doesn't show up in the list below.

So I'm not sure what's happening (I haven't been following) but I'm
seeing issues on an amd64-current system.

To see if it's the problem you'll need to enter ddb and see what the
per-cpu soft interrupt threads are doing.

OK, do I need to add kernel debugging, etc? I've done this in the past
but it's been a while.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost