Re: kern/42030 - tracking of file descriptors by ktrace/kdump

Christos Zoulas wrote:
> If you don't recompile the dumper, it prints just %d, if you do it prints
> the new trace name? Am I missing something? This is why I asked to print
> the value too.

If you don't recompile, kdump will print UNKNOWN(15) and a hexdump
of the corresponding ktr struct.

   607      1 mutt     UNKNOWN(15)
        000   00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00                          ........

If you add a new dtype to the kernel later and don't recompile
kdump, it will print a numeric value. For consistency, I'd like to
wrap it into "UNKNOWN":

   607      1 mutt     FD   file 2
   607      1 mutt     FD   UNKNOWN(9) 3

Alex