Re: Problems with hangs under NetBSD-5.x

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
> It turns out my issue seems to be caused by a hardware bug.
> In my case the kernel was completely dead exept I still could
> enter ddb from serial console. Disabling hyperthreading seems to have
> helped in my case.

Why do you think it is a hardware bug i.e. do you have some way to validate
this? No problem with disabled HT can mean synchronization issue.

Also, if it's CPU issue (e.g. it requires special patch/workaround in
software side), then issues would be seen in random subsystems, while
problem is currently isolated in VFS/FFS layers.

--
Mindaugas