Re: Include spdmem(4) in GENERIC amd64 & i386 kernels?

I will need information about DIMMS, most certainly
size, physical start address and serial number
for pmem(9) I'm working on.

Based on this, we can have in the future:

memory offlining, memory hotplugging, xen ballooning,
persistent dead-page list.

A dead-page list is a list of pages marked as broken/defect.
Any access to it causes an immediate machine check fault.
Making it persistent means, the list is kept across reboots
- given the serial number didn't change.

Christoph