Re: Path to kmods

On Wed 12 Nov 2008 at 21:56:18 +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > If the bootloader finds a file, it boots the file. If it finds a
> > directory, it boots the file named 'kernel' in the directory.
>
> but there is a senario where this doesn't work: if the kernel is loaded
> from a path which is not accessible from the kernel itself

but as far as I'm aware (from watching miniroot.kmod getting loaded) the
boot loader loads the modules, so it doesn't matter if the kernel
doesn't have access to them.

> (this is not
> so uncommon, I think several of our port don't have a bootloader at
> this time), then the kernel doesn't have an accessible path (or eventually no
> path at all, depending on how the kernel is loaded) from where to find
> the modules.

That might be more of a problem.

> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.