re: CVS commit: src/sys/kern

   Some of my changes occur hours after the last operations on the relevant
   filesystem (if I forget, sometimes even days) - there's no rational chance
   there is any unsync'd data (meta or otherwise) left anywhere.   I really

you'd think that would be the case, but lots of inode atime updates
will likely be floating around the system not synced.

the workaround for that is to "cd /mnt; umount /mnt" which will fail
after it has written everything to disk.

i wonder if the ro->rw can abuse this path -- block new writes to the
fs and then do all the things unmount would do.

.mrg.