Re: ??:Re: Change from BSDL to GPL?

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 01:46:55PM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> | > Dual licensing won't help in this case, since the BSD code needs to
> | > remain
> | > BSD licensed.
> |
> | I believe Christos is referring to any mods. You can dual license your
> | own code all you want.
> |
> | What you cannot do is change the BSD licensed code to a new license.
>
> Exactly, this is why I said "your code" instead of the BSD networking
> code.

Sure, buy my point was that it's pointless to do so because the code that
is dual licensed probably won't be very useful without a tcp/ip stack.
(since if one chooses to use the GPL part of the dual license, then the
 BSD code would need to be excluded)
Then again, I suppose it still makes some sense if you want the non-BSD
 code to be potentially be usable in other, GPL licensed projects.

eric