Re: ??:Re: Change from BSDL to GPL?

On 5/5/08, Gary Thorpe <gathorpe79%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
> [...]

You could distribute GPL licensed patches to BSD licensed code, but
you would still need to satisfy the BSD license by crediting the
copyright holder after you compiled. (modified or unmodified -- please
read the license)

If you just wanted to make changes to BSD licensed code, your only
obligation is, as above, to credit the copyright holder.

However, under no circumstances may you relicense the BSD licensed
code without the permission of the copyright holder.

I believe the main problem with the BSD license for the GNU project is
the advertising clause.