Re: ??:Re: Change from BSDL to GPL?

On May 5, 2008, at 11:59 AM, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 02:39:05PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
In article <42f3a3efb7.3efb742f3a%shtel.net.cn@localhost>, <hlwhyw%shtel.net.cn@localhost > wrote:
Hi,
I mean that I reserve the original BSD licence.
Except that I append a GPL licence at the end of
BSD licence in source code.

You cannot append both licenses and have them both in force at the
same time since they have conflicting terms. You can dual-license
your code, i.e. allow it to be distributed either by the BSD or
the GPL license.

christos

Dual licensing won't help in this case, since the BSD code needs to remain
BSD licensed.

I believe Christos is referring to any mods. You can dual license your own code all you want.

What you cannot do is change the BSD licensed code to a new license.

James