re: system limits [Re: Workaround for Firefox crashiness]

   > i wonder if there really should be an easy knob to disable the
   > "root has limits" since that seems to be changing something
   > that bas been in unix ~forever..
   >
   > do any other systems enforce this already?

   I looked and didn't find another Unix system that does, although I didn't
   look at Linux. Does it enforce the limit?

i dunno.  i left linux at work for the weekend :-)

   I'm thinking this change should be backed out because it breaks historic
   practice and is likely to bite lots of people in the ass. :-)

that's exactly the reason i posted about this.

.mrg.