Re: system limits [Re: Workaround for Firefox crashiness]

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 06:27:41PM +1100, matthew green wrote:

> i wonder if there really should be an easy knob to disable the
> "root has limits" since that seems to be changing something
> that bas been in unix ~forever..
>
> do any other systems enforce this already?

I looked and didn't find another Unix system that does, although I didn't
look at Linux. Does it enforce the limit?

I'm thinking this change should be backed out because it breaks historic
practice and is likely to bite lots of people in the ass. :-)

Thanks,
Andrew