Re: New unified amd64-install.img does not work with some older hardware

On Tue, 2021-03-16 at 15:25 +0000, maya%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I'm being CC'd on this thread for committing the change.
> I am afraid I don't have the time to address this issue, and wouldn't
> object to any change, including a revert.

Hi Maya,

I think your change was an improvement (the most basic name covering
the most possibilities), so, personally, I wouldn't revert it, but I am
at a loss on what to do to diagnose my issue. Disk interaction with a
BIOS isn't something I know much about. That server is among the oldest
amd64 hardware I have, so I don't know if it's an extreme outlier or
this would be reproducible with other older gear, i.e, how much should
we care? Does anyone have an original Opteron machine to try? :)

Regards,

Dave