Re: New unified amd64-install.img does not work with some older hardware

On Tue, Mar 02, 2021 at 10:59:33PM -0500, David H. Gutteridge wrote:
> Lenovo T420: installer image apparently not recognized, it simply gets
> skipped after being selected to boot from.
> HP DL360 G6: the first stage bootloader string flashes on the screen,
> then it gets skipped.
> Lenovo x131e: works without issue.

I would prefer if we could debug the issues instead, we will have the same
problems on the upcoming netbsd-10 branch.

Do the two non working machines try to boot the combined image via UEFI or
via BIOS? Do they work if you remove the EFI directory on the FAT partition?
Do they work if you configure boot order to prefer BIOS over EFI?

Martin