Re: sysinst segfaults on Alpha ("file system full") - install help

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 07:34:56PM -0700, John Ames wrote:
> Hmm. Better luck - not sure if it's the stable release or just
> repeated head-to-wall voodoo, but sysinst at least recognized the
> correct mount points for the partitions. Unfortunately, it still
> segfaulted when trying to make any changes to the partitions, and it
> gave read errors trying to copy the sets off the CD

You are booting the install ISO burned to CD?
I had trouble with that as the old CD drive did not like any of my CD/R.

The core dump unfortunately (but expectedly) is truncated:
BFD: warning: /tmp/sysinst.core is truncated: expected core file size >= 706320, found: 359448

Martin