Re: automatic package statistics

On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 08:47:54PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Actually, I think a properly configured network shoudln't allow spoofed
> adresses to go out. At last on mine it will not work :)

Ditto.

1) Make it a mk.conf option (Argue about the default setting in another
         thread please)
2) Perhaps a mk.conf option for UDP/email/DNS/other method of registering?
        (email would allow people to build a package offline, and queue the
         registration up for later delivery)
3) Alternately, make it a package you need to install to activate registration
   Or a utility you can run to update all your installed pkgs (in the central
   registry) - so you can install many packages, then submit one bulk reg.

As for the concern about dial-on-demand users... What type of network
traffic won't bring up your on-demand link? UDP, broadcasts... ?

P.S. Why is tech-crypto in the CC ?

--
David Maxwell, david%vex.net@localhost|david%maxwell.net@localhost --> Mastery
of UNIX, like