automatic package statistics

I've never had any feedback on whether people use these or not. I am
wondering whether they are worth maintaining (they were certainly a
gargantuan effort to create). I feel certain that other pkg authors
are also in the same boat. I propose therefor, that bsd.pkg.mk and
pkg_add be modified to send pkg.netbsd.org a single udp packet (with
uname -a, and package info) under the following circumstances:

        a) on a successful / unsuccessful distfile/pkg fetch
        b) on a sucessful / unsuccessful build
        c) on install / pkg_add

For privacy reasons source addresses would not be logged, indeed a
compile time option could be used to enable address spoofing --
although this seems extravagant given the amount of trust implicitly placed
in *.netbsd.org by anyone running NetBSD code (and the logging that
ftpd, cvs etc already does).

In relation to b) it would seem to useful to save the last few lines
of compile output. tee perhaps?

--
Stefan Kahrs in [Kah96] discusses the
   notion of completeness--programs which never go wrong can be