Importing vdi disk to xen DomU

I have a VDI (VirtualBox Disk image) running winxp on VirtualBox on Linux.

I wish to migrate this setup to running to NetBSD Dom0 and WinXP DomU.

First thing I tried is to export VDI image from virtualbox to raw format
and use it as DomU disk. Apparently WinXP does not like this and throws
to safe mode and eventually reboots.

I am interested in trying out whether certain node locked licensed
software installed on the VirtualBox disk, would work if I am able to
import the VDI image, preserving the disk id and any other registry
information as it is.

Came across the following but that seems for Xen 6.0 upward:
https://github.com/xenserver/transfervm/wiki

Mayuresh