Re: Netbsd XEN nothing I can boot in

I'm not sure it's NetBSD, or if it's an issue with the way this box reports
its memory and Xen. The NetBSD kernel trusts what Xen tells him about useable
memory.

Thanks for the explanation Manuel. Some more problems though...
I have my first 3.1RC2 candidate running, nothing special. Strictly minimal install, no games, X11 on 10GB LVM for xbd0a. Everything is on separated slice inside of the block device 1GB /home, 4GB /usr, 512M /, 2Gb /var, 2GB /tmp, 1GB swap and 64M for mfs.

I followed the howto from wiki.xensource.com and copied across the xbd* and rxbd* devices after install as suggested.

Now after I boot the VM in (using the netbsd-XEN3_DOMU kernel now) I can log in but the VM stops responding after round about 5 minutes. Whatever I do it happens after 5 min no excuse.

On another console logged into the dom0 xm top shows that the allocated 512M is being chewed up, the CPU is 100%. Because of this my desktop is also becoming non responsive and starts swapping like nuts. Obviously I log into the dom0 via ssh and start the VM from there but it should not be an issue I suppose.

Any idea what is causing it? I just simply can't finish editing my rc.conf...

Thanks
Ivan