Re: NetBSD in SIMH vax with 512 MB RAM

On 2023-03-23 18:14, Mouse wrote:
Another way would be to limit the physical memory to 256M and add
support to not map all of physical memory for large-memory machines
as a compile-time option.

I'd say the rightest thing to do is compute - either mechanically or by
hand - what amount of physical memory would put SLR as close as
possible to 200000 without going over, then cap physical memory size at
that value (preferably with a message).

I see no reason why to impose some artificial lower limit on the amount of physical memory. That would be a very NetBSD-specific limitation.

VMS obviously works just fine with 512M of physical memory. Why would we not be able to have NetBSD run with that?

  Johnny