Re: NetBSD in SIMH vax with 512 MB RAM

> I guess that with 0.5 GB, it's hitting memory boundaries between S0/1
> and P0/1, but I haven't yet dived deep into the NetBSD source code.

Maybe.  That shouldn't be a problem, for two reasons.  One is that as I
understand it the P0/P1/system/reserved distinction is a virtual
address thing, not applicable to physical addresses.  The other is that
each of those four (P0, P1, system, reserved) is a full gig, so half a
gig should fit with room to spare.  I do think NetBSD likes to map all
physical memory into kernel VM, so the "it's a VM thing" might matter,
but even then that shouldn't cause trouble unless it maps it all twice
or some such, or puts KERNBASE well above the 0x8000000 I'd expect.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign