Re: New Vax - future directions :-)

Den 2021-07-07 kl. 02:43, skrev Jason Thorpe:
On Jul 6, 2021, at 3:21 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire%neurotica.com@localhost> wrote:

  I am having serious thoughts about doing a system-level design around this. Probably not Qbus but some sort of useful VAX.
Sort of half-joking here, but a reasonable first pass might be, ahem, ISA.  The interface is trivial, and cards for it are quite easy to build if you can't fine one that does the job off-the-shelf.
:-)  I actually did a trivial Qbus inside the FPGA so that it became possible to reference devices. Should be possible to adapt the external interface as well, but I won't spend time on that in the near future :-)

-- R