Re: Bountysource campaign for gcc-vax

On 2021-05-01 19:30, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Hi Maciej!

On 5/1/21 6:35 PM, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
  One of the changes improves code generation with old reload as well, so I
have requested approval to have it backported, targetting GCC 11.2.  If I
get a go-ahead, then you may consider switching to GCC 11.2 when it is out
(expected in 2-3 months' timeframe, which you'll probably need to use for
compiler verification anyway).  Otherwise the change is available to
cherry-pick from trunk as commit c605a8bf9270 ("VAX: Accept ASHIFT in
address expressions").

  The change has been approved to backport and I have committed it now,
so it will be included with upcoming GCC 11.2.

That's very great to hear. Will be curios whether a full bootstrap will work
on NetBSD/VAX in the foreseeable future again.

Agreed that it's great to hear. I'm also very keen on actually giving this a spin as soon as it is available. Which obviously leads to the question when it will be available (2-3 months I guess) and how to get it usable on a NetBSD build.

I certainly have some big hopes that this will get us back to a properly workable NetBSD/VAX...

  Johnny