Re: Mopd which works with ELF and a.out in Linux and can netboot ULTRIX

> On Nov 3, 2020, at 7:10 AM, Maciej W. Rozycki <macro%linux-mips.org@localhost> wrote:

> I can surely try and polish some stuff (once I'm done with the current
> GCC effort of course), and the timing is good as I need to figure out why
> the DEFPA does not work with my new server and then build and install
> `mopd' there to serve FDDI and Ethernet clients.  While at it I could try
> and debug the outstanding issues too.

At one time I was the MOP protocol architect at DEC, and also responsible for the mapping of DEC's LAN protocols onto FDDI (RFC 1042 and its successors).  If any questions on those subjects come up, I'd be glad to help.

One of these days I will add a MOP daemon to my Python implementation of DECnet.  Good to know I have a model I can read (to find out the things that are implementation specific and not spelled out in the protocol spec).

	paul