Re: Partitioning during installation

On 2020-11-02 04:42, Andrew Ball wrote:
Hello John,

    AB> Is there a larger disk that I could attach to an RQDX3?

    JK> You can make any size you like.

Well surely that's cheating? ;-)

Not really. MSCP don't actually have specific disks with specific sizes. Instead, the OS actually query the disk for which size it has.
The "name" is just an arbitrary string.
I don't think simh allows you to set that, though.

But the controller actually don't care. An RQDX3 could not actually have any RA disks at all, but only attached RD disks.

If you had (have) a SCSI controller, in principle, you should have RZ disks...

.dev du0:
DU0:     Public Mounted Loaded Label=RSX11MPBL87 Type=RZ29
.

It's still just a string.

  Johnny