Re: Partitioning during installation

Hello Martin,

   MH> I am not sure what you did and I can not reproduce it in
     > -current nor with the official 9.1 ISO.
     >
     > This could be a terminal emulation or curses bug - I tried
     > with TERM set to "xterm" and using urxvt as terminal
     > emulator.

    I was installing from the official 9.1 ISO with TERM set to xterm
and using urxvt on the physical host. It feels more like a calculation
thing than curses.

  MH> Seems to be properly rounded (668 * 73 * 13 = 633932)

    I thought perhaps I had misunderstood the geometry of an RA92 but
the service manual suggests it's 3,099 user cylinders of 14 heads, 73
sectors per track.  I increased the size of my blank disk image to
3,101 cylinders but sysinst still changes the size of / to a large
strange number.  It's happy for me to put in 128 cylinders for /,
513 cylinders for swap but when I enter a number for /usr, that's
when the proposed size of / gets changed.

    RA92 aside, I've added an RA73 disk, which is slightly larger but
still not enough to hold pkgsrc.  Is there a larger disk that I could
attach to an RQDX3?

Thanks,
  - Andy Ball