Re: KA410 Boot Failure

> Even further digging reveals that the FC opcode (opcode reserved to
> customer) is the offender, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to
> disassemble the install.ram file that I booted from over NFS.  Is
> there a way to load it and the symbol file into gdb?  I tried on an
> amd64 machine without luck -- do I need another VAX?

If install.ram is an executable in the usual format (NetBSD/vax of the
vintage I worked with used a.out; I have a fuzzy expectation that it
uses ELF now, but I don't know how true that is), either another VAX or
cross-tools should work.

If not, the tool of choice might be a disassembler designed for
disassembling random binary blobs.  I've written one (exported as a git
repo - git://git.rodents-montreal.org/Mouse/disas) and there are
doubtless plenty of others running around.

					Mouse