Re: KA410 Boot Failure

On 2020-07-03 21:33, Josh Moyer wrote:
Even further digging reveals that the FC opcode (opcode reserved to
customer) is the offender, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to
disassemble the install.ram file that I booted from over NFS.  Is there a
way to load it and the symbol file into gdb?  I tried on an amd64 machine
without luck -- do I need another VAX?

Assuming you've done a cross compile to start with, there should be a objdump on your host, which understands VAX binaries and object files (check /usr/obj/tooldir.NetBSD-8.0-amd64/vax--netbsdelf/bin/ if you cross compile under NetBSD). There should be an objdump there.

objdump can then be used to disassemble files.

  Johnny