Re: KA410 Boot Failure With TKZ-50

Sorry if I am confusin things here, but...

On Sat 13 Jun 2020 at 22:15:32 -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> The TK50 hardware implemented neither TMSCP nor SCSI.  It implemented a
> very minimal proprietary protocol over a very, very slow serial connection
> (200Kbit/sec) to one of two possible controller cards: the SCSI TKZ50 or
> the QBus TQK50.  An 80186 (I think; might have been an 8085) on the
> controller card interfaced to one of the two possible host buses.

I have (packed away) a TK-50 drive and a TKZ-50 drive. I also have a
uVAX 2000 (KA410) and a uVAX 3100 (and also a VAXstation 3100). One type
of drive came with the one VAX, and the other with the other.

In my recollection, which may of course be off, it was the TK-50 (not
SCSI, but cabling etc looks the same) that came with the 2000, and the
TKZ-50 (SCSI) came with the 3100.

So perhaps $SUBJECT occurs because it is the wrong type of tape drive?

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on