Re: NetBSD/vax compiler bounty?

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 07:12:07PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 12:18:46PM -0400, emanuel stiebler wrote:
> > What kind of performance would one get of the simh/va/netbsd on a decent
> > PC this days?
>
> I would expect it to outperform any real hardware :-)

It does, by a wide margin. I'm running a simulated MicroVAX 3100 in
SIMH on a i5-3570K. I also found the source for the Dryhstone benchmark.
According to it, my virtual VAX clocks in at 34.4 VUP (the real metal
apparently is supposed to be at 3.8 VUP). According to the same
benchmark, the host machine has 21858 VUP. While I advise taking these
numbers with industrial amounts of salt, SIMH VAX on current x86 has
been known to outperform the original metal for a while.

Kind regards,
         Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison