Re: NetBSD/vax - worth continuing?

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 6:09 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt%softjar.se@localhost> wrote:
> I am going to see if I can do a cvs update of /usr/src from Ultrix, to
> compare to the time it takes running a fairly recent NetBSD (although I
> suspect the NetBSD will hang before completing). That will both give me some
> numbers to compare with, and then we'll have a hung machine, in case someone
> actually are interested in trying to work out what the problems are. I have
> tried looking at it in the past, but not really been able to figure it out.

For what it's worth I was able to install 6.1.5 on a VS 4000/60 and
build large swaths of pkgsrc for it. The main problems I ran into was
getting mopd to work on Linux and the GCC issues. Even in 6.1.5 it had
some issues (I had to recompile awk with -O0 or it would occasionally
crash in autoconf scripts). But I think the bulk of the issues are
since then.

--
greg