Re: NetBSD/vax - worth continuing?

> On Sep 20, 2016, at 12:26 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt%softjar.se@localhost> wrote:

>>> Me neither. Especially since I have found gcc to be almost impenetrable in the past.
>>
>> GCC isn't all that bad if you're just looking at the back ends, especially for straightforward machines and instruction sets such as VAX.
>
> So why is it that we haven't had a working gcc for VAX for maybe 10 years?

While it's not terribly hard, it does require some time and work.  gcc-vax has had a maintainer, but I don't believe he's been able to spend any significant amount of time on these issues.

I am not going to cast stones; gcc-pdp11 has problems too, and it would be great if I could get around to curing those.

	paul