Re: NetBSD hardclock overhead growth

Thanks! I have been wanting to do this for a long time... Another thing that would be interesting is checking file performance. bonnie or something similar should be good enough.

I'll have to give that a go when I'm running off of SCSI again.

Not an 11/780, but anyway...
Krille:/usr/src# uname -a
NetBSD Krille.Update.UU.SE 5.99.44 NetBSD 5.99.44 (Krille) #387: Mon Jan 24 18:15:12 CET 2011 root%GW.SoftJAR.SE@localhost:/usr/obj/sys/arch/vax/compile/Krille vax
Krille:/usr/src# sysctl -a | grep hw
hw.machine = vax
hw.model = VAX 8650

What results do you get for your machine? The VLC and 8650 are supposed to be about the same speed, but the 8650 has twice the cache...

John