Re: Which NetBSD on a VS3176?

On 2014-05-20 08:29, Holm Tiffe wrote:

Im now here:
The key's randomart image is:
+--[ RSA 1024]----+
|                 |
|            o . .|
|         . o *E..|
|        S o +.+oo|
|         . ..+.=.|
|          . o.o .|
|          ...=   |
|           oBo   |
+-----------------+
Starting sshd.
Starting inetd.
Starting cron.
Tue May 20 06:15:41 UTC 2014

NetBSD/vax (vs3176.tsht.lan) (console)

login:

The machine is running multiuser.

So it is clear now that the machine is ok, the hardware has no problems at
all. We really need to find the bug in that sysinst/disklabel.

Right. So let's now focus on this being a sysinst problem.

I'll try to move this to the 4G disk later this day.

Should not be any problems. The only requirements is that the root file system needs to be within the first 1G of the disk. Once the kernel have been loaded the ROM driver is not used anymore, and the full size of the disk can be accessed without problems.

Is there already a solution for this:

Building databases: devcprng sysctl: WARNING pseudorandom rekeying.
, utmp, utmpx.

I have a separate /var filesystem so there is no entrophy at boot before
this is mounted.

It's just a warning. :-)
I have it to, and just ignore it. I think it really just is because of /var not mounted yet. Maybe you could point the startup command to read from somewhere else instead to get rid of the message. I have not even bothered looking into that. There are other problems that are more important to look at.

        Johnny