Re: Which NetBSD on a VS3176?

Holm Tiffe wrote:

> > David Brownlee wrote:
> >
> > > I've just reproduced the issue in simh with the following config:
> > >
> > > assuming a downloaded vax boot iso, eg
> > > http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-6.1.4/images/NetBSD-6.1.4-vax.iso
> > >
> > > cat > netbsd-16m.simh <<END
> > > load -r /usr/pkg/share/simh/ka655x.bin
> > > set cpu 16m
> > > set rq0 ra90
> > > at rq0 netbsd.dsk
> > > set rq1 cdrom
> > > at rq1 NetBSD-6.99.41-vax.iso
> > > boot cpu
> > > END
> > > simh-vax netbsd-16m.simh
> > > b dua1
> > >

> > Hmm.. David I'm not sure anymore.
> >
> > I' trying again currently and have other problems, but the booting
> > continues (both in simh and on the VS3176) when the spinner stalls, it just
> > takes ages to load the rest of the text, the data and the bss. I don't know
> > whats happening there...
> >
> > I get the menu from sysinst but have the disklabel problems again.
> >
> > will report later..
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Holm
> > --
>
> Ok, I've tried two times now, the 2nd time I've erased the disk to install
> with openbsd, but it changed nothing at all.
>
> I can boot netbsd but at some time the loading of the kernel slows down,
> one time more, 2nd time fewer..
>
> I see the menus, chosed english, yes and then the disk sd1 and get that
> (repeatedly)
>

>  On which disk do you want to install NetBSD?
>

>                      +-----------------------------------+
>                      | Available disks                   |
>                      |                                   |
>                      |uid 0, pid 6, command sysinst, on /: file system full
>                      | b: sd1 (4.0G, IBM DCAS-34330)     |
> /: write failepid 6 (sysinst): user write of 16388@0x1a2000 at 93080
> failed: 28
> d, file system is full
> [1]   Illegal instruction     sysinst
> #
>
> The sd0 is a Fujitsu M2954S-512, that one with the +5V on the case (!),
> I'll try a smaller disk next, have n IBM0663 (?) here and a quantum, have
> to look if they work at all....
>
> Regards,
>
> Holm
> --

Ok, I've tried to install on the IBM0663 disk (displayed as 995MB, sd0)
this makes no difference at all:

On which disk do you want to install NetBSD?

                       +--------------------------------+
                       | Available disks                |
                       |                                |
                       |uid 0, pid 6, command sysinst, on /: file system
full
                       | b: sd1 (4.0G, IBM DCAS-34330)  |
/: write faipid 6 (sysinst): user write of 16388@0x1a2000 at 93080 failed:
28
led, file system is full
[1]   Illegal instruction     sysinst
#

I'm trying to write a label with 8 Partitions now with OpenBSD.
Hope taht helps..

Regards,

Holm

  www.tsht.de, info%tsht.de@localhost, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741