Re: Which NetBSD on a VS3176?

On 2014-05-19 19:49, Holm Tiffe wrote:
Holm Tiffe wrote:

David Brownlee wrote:

I've just reproduced the issue in simh with the following config:

assuming a downloaded vax boot iso, eg
http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-6.1.4/images/NetBSD-6.1.4-vax.iso

cat > netbsd-16m.simh <<END
load -r /usr/pkg/share/simh/ka655x.bin
set cpu 16m
set rq0 ra90
at rq0 netbsd.dsk
set rq1 cdrom
at rq1 NetBSD-6.99.41-vax.iso
boot cpu
END
simh-vax netbsd-16m.simh
b dua1

Hmm.. David I'm not sure anymore.

I' trying again currently and have other problems, but the booting
continues (both in simh and on the VS3176) when the spinner stalls, it just
takes ages to load the rest of the text, the data and the bss. I don't know
whats happening there...

I get the menu from sysinst but have the disklabel problems again.

will report later..

Regards,

Holm
--

Ok, I've tried two times now, the 2nd time I've erased the disk to install
with openbsd, but it changed nothing at all.

I can boot netbsd but at some time the loading of the kernel slows down,
one time more, 2nd time fewer..

I see the menus, chosed english, yes and then the disk sd1 and get that
(repeatedly)

  On which disk do you want to install NetBSD?

                      +-----------------------------------+
                      | Available disks                   |
                      |                                   |
                      |uid 0, pid 6, command sysinst, on /: file system full
                      | b: sd1 (4.0G, IBM DCAS-34330)     |
/: write failepid 6 (sysinst): user write of 16388@0x1a2000 at 93080
failed: 28
d, file system is full
[1]   Illegal instruction     sysinst
#

The sd0 is a Fujitsu M2954S-512, that one with the +5V on the case (!),
I'll try a smaller disk next, have n IBM0663 (?) here and a quantum, have
to look if they work at all....

Regards,

Holm
--

Ok, I've tried to install on the IBM0663 disk (displayed as 995MB, sd0)
this makes no difference at all:

Did I miss something? Why did you expect any different result?
You're getting an error about the root file system being full, and this on the installation system, where the root file system is a ram disk.
Makes no difference what harddrive you hook up.

        Johnny