Re: Small MicroVAX IIs - what version? - was Re: NetBSD/vax current

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 06:10:00PM -0400, Toby Thain wrote:
> At the moment I don't have any fact or opinion to say that 1.5+ is not
> going to work well on my MicroVAXes, I was just asking for information
> from people who might have some.

I don't have any MV myself, but I tested it in SIMH when fixing bootblocks
some time ago (as well as an emulated 780).

A 5.2 release on an emulated MicroVAX 3900 takes ~6 seconds between
pressing enter after the login name untill the password: prompt
appears for the fist time. Later login attempts are faster (probably
only as long as caches last.)

Of course I have no idea how that correlates to real devices.

David: this should be a good option for you to do the timings - as long as
you keep the host system constant, statistics should be ok (relatively).

Martin