Re: Native Build of -current

Hi.

Michael Schneider wrote:
Hello,

just to give another data point:
I just finished a native build of -current from January 16th sources, starting from a fairly fresh netbsd-5 install.

I had the "usual" problems with groff segfaulting while building pics.ps, grnexmpl.ps and other ps-files.

Expected. :-)

I also had a complete lockup while building the lint libraries for libm. I have not looked further into this, just disabled the building of lint libraries ("MKLINT = no") because is supected a hardware problem (i have memory boards of questionable origin), but i might be wrong with that because it always locked up in libm.
The next run will be with "MKLINT = yes" to see what happens.

Considering that you're not the only one getting the hang (and I get it in libm while doing lint as well), I very much doubt you have some hardware problem. Instead it's something wrong in NetBSD/vax. I've posted about this before, and also added some additional observations which people should find interesting.

I now get this while booting:
    [...]
    Clearing temporary files.
    Creating a.out runtime link editor directory cache.
    [1]   Killed                  ${ldconfig_comma...

That don't sound right...

    Checking quotas: done.
    [...]

But all else seems to be fine.

Hmmm... Did you update the files in /etc?

Now i'm going to try an update build to get the latest changes, an then i'll do an fresh clean build to see whether -current can rebuild itself.

But this will, of course, take a few days...

:-)

        Johnny