Re: NetBSD/vax kernel seems stable now

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:37:30 +0100
Hans Rosenfeld <rosenfeld%grumpf.hope-2000.org@localhost> wrote:

> Try connecting your terminal to a different mmj port at this point
> (they might be hidden behind a sticker reading "OPA0 =>"). There is a
> bug in the console initialization code which causes the wrong serial
> line to be used on KA53 and similar systems.
>
> I sent a patch for this last summer, but it seems nobody ever
> cared to commit it:
I dim remember this. It is not that simple. The problem is that the
console changes depending on the setting of the S3 switch, i.e. if the
firmware is set to autoboot or if it stops at the bootprompt. Or
something like this, I can't remember exactely. NetBSD would need to
querry the firmware where the console is and use this device. I don't
know how this can be accomplished.
--

tschüß,
       Jochen