Re: Fujitsu M10-1

On Thu, Apr 27, 2023 at 04:31:49PM -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> On 4/27/23 15:19, Cameron Kelly wrote:
> > Hi Dennis,
> >
> > It's running a SPARC64 X+, which is from around 2013. My machine was
> > built in 2017.
> >
> > I should also add that it has no RAM or hard drive.
>
> No memory?  Sadly it is now just a brick. I doubt that the ECC memory
> parts for this thing are off the shelf and it is no longer worth its
> weight in belly button lint.  Same as my M3000 which is fully loaded.
>
> Sorry but SPARC was killed by Larry and no one can justify running
> one that needs money poured into it.
>
> Yet strangely I have three of them running.  :\

And I've recently spun up yet another Sun V100 with a third spare board
sitting in the cupboard (and a fourth broken board that comes up in LOM
but dies on trying to boot the CPU to donate a system config card).

Both running NetBSD (with SATA storage of course).

Kind regards,
           Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison