Re: ffi errors building gobject-introspection

Hi Greg,

Greg Troxel wrote:
> As I somewhat hazily understand Riccardo's situation, the problem is
> that everything up to gobject-introspection *has* been rebuilt and
> libffi.so.8 is present.  The old gobject needs 7, and the build of the
> new gobject fails because -- I think -- it is trying to use the old
> installed lib.  I think Riccardo is doing "make replace".    On macOS, I
> solve this by "pkg_delete -f" and then "make package-install" intead of
> make replace.

yes, sorry for the haze, sometimes I think being clear, but I am not.

You describe exactly the situation. In the meanwhile I did exactly what
you wrote, except "make install". I deleted the old package and
gobject-introspection finished linking and installed.

In my opinion, this is a package issue, a bug either in the portifle or
worse "upstream": it should never pickup its own previous version while
linking!

Riccardo