Re: ffi errors building gobject-introspection

On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 1:03 PM Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> writes:
>
> > I am upgrading gobject-introspection on NetBSD 9.3 sparc64:
> > Version mismatch: 'gobject-introspection' 1.68.0 vs 1.74.0
> >
> > but "make replace" fails:
> > ld: warning: libffi.so.7, needed by
> > /usr/pkg/lib/libgirepository-1.0.so.1, not found (try using -rpath or
> > -rpath-link)
>
> Have you
>
>   updated your entire pkgsrc tree to a consistent state?
>
>   run 'pkg_rolling-replace -uvs' before this, so that everything else is
>   up to date?
>
> Beyond that, it says libffi.so.7 can't be found.  On my NetBSD 9 amd64
> system, I have libffi.so.8.   Probably you do too, and you still have
> something installed that needs that.
>
> I am now guessing that the problem is that gobject-introspection's build
> is buggy and ends up using installed libs in preference to those in the
> build tree.  If that's the case you could pkg_delete -f the existing
> package, or perhaps just move away that lib.

I had a similar problem when trying to downgrade libffi from so.8 to
so.7 for testing.

I had to rebuild all dependencies after the libffi change beginning
with i think devel/glib2.

Backward dependencies can be found via pkgsrc.se:
https://pkgsrc.se/devel/gobject-introspection

As for forward dependencies of libffi i don't know how to get this
information or if there is a convenient way.

Is there pkgsrc supported way to rebuild all depending packages
automatically? And preferably not the whole pkgsrc tree that is not
involved?

Regards,
Connor